That Blue and Yellow Giant


Last weekend we went to IKEA for furniture shopping. Not an excuse, but we basically ran out of stores to visit which have reasonable bookshelves. Turned out, it was rather easy to get there from our apartment, even though this IKEA store is located in the prefecture next to Tokyo.
Once got there, it was the same blue and yellow giant of a store as ones in the US. Same layout, and same concepts (that they charge lots for shipping). Prices were pretty reasonable and it was jam-packed with people, as we've come to expect from IKEA. We found the bookshelves we liked, so in the end the trip was worth it. I may go there occasionally, but I'd doubt Steve will want to come with me considering how much he likes IKEA...
By the way, IKEA Japan's online assistant (pictured above) is called Anna. I wonder if she is a Swede who speaks Japanese, or a Japanese who looks kinda Swedish and call herself Anna?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home