Saturday, September 16, 2006

Stroopwafels

So the biggest disappointment of my trip to Amsterdam was learning that I had mis-remembered my Pulp Fiction, and that France is the only country in which you can find a Royale with Cheese. (Duh! Why else would they be talking about Le Big Mac?) But it is true that the Dutch drown their french fries in mayonnaise. And I would expect no less from the culture that invented bitterballen. People claim these are little meat-filled croquettes, but they look and taste more like deep-fried gravy. Yum!

Still, the clear winner in the Amsterdam junk food derby is the stroopwafel. Two cinnamon graham crackers with caramel in the middle. The extra grote equals extra deliciousness!

2 Comments:

Blogger ellie said...

I miss my mister steve
who walked through the streets
with may on his sleeve
Amsterdam today
Austraila tommorow
but here in Madison
without him there's
only sorrow
His seat is empty
at the lunch mob
waiting to be filled
by some geekish slob
all because he changed his job
Ms A is missed just as much
she ate our food with glee and lust
and the food all now just tastes like dust
but struggle on we must, we must

10:19 AM  
Blogger ellie said...

Oops! I meant MAYO on his sleeve!
Damn typos! Grrrrrrrrrrr.....

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home