Friday, October 27, 2006

Not Spam?

Ha. I'm a jerk!

Today I got another one of those bizarre spam emails asking about my "apartment" for rent. I was curious to find out exactly what the scam was, so I did a bit of searching on the web. Wouldn't you know it, it turns out there's a guy on Craigslist in Charlottesville, Virginia with an email address very similar to mine who actually is looking for renters. D'oh!

I should have known better than to pick such a generic gmail account name. And maybe it's about time I got my spam-dar recalibrated.

Update:
Nevermind. It looks like both emails were indeed probably scams. Just because the apartment listing may have been real doesn't mean the responses were.

So now I'm corresponding with a "Dawn Price" who claims to be living in both London and Queensland, Australia, working with orphans with heart disease. I'll post the transcripts if it gets interesting enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home